Episode 3 – Happy New Year!

by The Shrinking Man on January 2, 2011 · 11 comments

in Check In

Welcome back! I hope you had a good New Year’s Celebration and are well recovered from the aftermath now.

This episode will also be on the shorter side. Just a weekly check in and a review of the past week. I should have another piece of philosophy ready to go next week. But this week we have our first bit of feedback! Yup, I got a voicemail! Please keep them coming! And please comment on the blog. the daily comment spam is getting a little tiring. I’d like to see a few real comments.

The Promo is from Neil Colquhoun, promoting his podcast novella FRANK – Volume 1: Boiling Point. I’ve just added this to my podcast list, and I’m looking forward to listening to it. Something about a supernatural mystery tends to pique my curiosity in a way that horror never does.

Enjoy the show. See you next week!

Play

Show notes included below.

Show Notes:

• Welcome!
  • Off to the scales…
  • Promo – FRANK – Volume 1: Boiling Point
  • Weigh in
  • Week in review
    • Tech nightmares.
    • All exercises done!
    • Vacation and irregular eating habits.
    • Lessons learned.
    • Moving forward.
  • Feedback!
  • Sign off
    • Comments on the blog at http://theshrinkingmanproject.com
    • E-mail at Doc@theshrinkingmanproject.com
    • Voice mail at (240) 745-5022
  • End credits

Mentioned on the show:

{ 10 comments… read them below or add one }

Shadygirl3 January 5, 2011 at 7:47 AM

Hey Doc! I’m just getting signed up for your cast now that all my holiday company has gone home and life is returning to normal. I’m looking forward to getting caught up, but I wanted to let you know that I’m here.

Doc Coleman January 5, 2011 at 11:31 PM

Thanks for checking in. I appreciate your support!

Doc

BigJohn January 5, 2011 at 2:00 PM

Hi Doc! I also wanted to let you know that i’m here and looking forward to your philosophies as I move towards my own weight loss efforts beginning in March. Keep up the great work!

Doc Coleman January 5, 2011 at 11:55 PM

Thanks, BigJohn! Mind if I ask why you’re waiting until March?

BigJohn January 6, 2011 at 12:18 PM

Well, we’re moving to a new location at work in march. This new location has a gym that is available to tenants for free. In the meantime, my only exercise is my volleyball, which is only once per week. So I’m doing ok on diet wise, but without the exercise, it’s hard to make a difference. And I’m too cheap to join a gym otherwise 😛

Doc Coleman January 6, 2011 at 5:51 PM

That makes a certain amount of sense.

However, I make the counter point that walking and running is easy to do and always available. Just about all I have been doing up until now is walking. I’ve gotten to the point when I walk rather quickly.

Doc

Neil Colquhoun January 5, 2011 at 3:24 PM

Doc

Thanks a lot for featuring the promo. Going to listen and let you know what I think.

Stay Alive
N

Doc Coleman January 5, 2011 at 11:57 PM

Neil, my pleasure!

And I did try to not mangle your name too badly…

Doc

Neil Colquhoun January 6, 2011 at 3:11 PM

Hey Doc, just listened – not a bad go at my name. Well done!
Also, good luck on your plan – I shall be a regular listener.

Stay Alive
N

Doc Coleman January 6, 2011 at 5:57 PM

I’m glad to hear that! I listened to the promo four times to hear how you pronounced it, and I still stumbled on it.

Glad to have you along!